Wednesday, August 16, 2006

half way through

I began my day at the eye dr. again. I now have 3 types of drops I have to use 4 times a day. On the way to school, I went up Lakeside dr. I passed a house with geese. This is what is fun about the blog. I see weird shit. I can stop my car (just like an asian, anywhere I want to, only without the security of the right to do so. My way can cause cars to honk fiercely at me, but what the hell.)

I went by 7-eleven to get the requisite slurpee, but those sorry commie bastards didn't have a functioning coke slurpee machine.

The morning meetings were shuffling from one meeting to another in groups. Totally boring, almost painful. I got so desperate I text messaged one of my editor-in=chiefs that I had an emergency need for slurpee. God bless that child she brought it to me. . . with a muffin!!

I woke up with a headache (I think because of my eye), by the 11:00 session on depression and the drugs kids take for it (anyone sensing a theme for the week? More pharmaceuticals) I thought I was going to die. I barely made it out of there in time to lay down and sleep for a while. The headache is now gone.

6 comments:

  1. I always feel like I am coming in for the second act of a three act play. I never know the players names. (with the probable exception of Mom and Dad but they aren't in this act). I keep hoping if I keep reading maybe I can figure it out. (Insert heavy sigh here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly bigsis. You must appreciate the endless nature of the serial playing out before us. Only three acts? No, indeed. It's like starting to watch a soap opera, just start following along and you'll get it figured out. With school just starting back up, it's the perfect time to learn the new cast members.

    Little sister, I know the meetings are painful, but you must admit, it's a bit of compensation that you have minions. I wish I lived in a world where I could summons refreshments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I must note - if it weren't for my insider knowledge that Dad doesn't drink slurpees, I might have suspected he wrote the 2nd paragraph. Am I really to believe 7-11 has communist affiliations? I haven't been keeping up with world news so i had to wonder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I love the pictures of the geese, and the whimsical nature of the Japanese photographers who've inspired you, I must say - I'm starting to feel the pain of school recommencing.

    I'm wondering if this comment will escape notice....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am starting to think that someone spends way too much time wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always am at my desk when I'm commenting, and the view includes my backyard, and the oasis is a mind-wandering-inspiration. And when my mind is wandering...there I will go.

    ReplyDelete